Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Then That Can Become A Dance Partner

Yes, every moment, every feeling has great texture, tone, detail and richness to be fully experienced. I find that when I slow down I notice much more, I am able to move into actual relationship with what is happening.

Let's say this alleged "I" is feeling frustration. He wanted something to be easy and it is turning out to be more complicated. He can polarize with that frustration, thinking that "I am here and that frustration is over there" and "I need to do something about that". In this he is making the sensation into an object.

Or he can, as the previous quote suggest, experience the suchness of that, the as-is-ness of that as an independently arising movement in creation. He can enjoy it on its own terms as if he is watching a movie, or eating a meal at an ethnic restaurant, or watching a cloud going by in the sky of mind. Free of resistance. Free of judgment.

Then that can become an interesting dance partner.

1 comment:

Observer said...

I love dancing with the moment, in the moment; I also love slowing down the dance and stepping outside the moment to fully relish what just happened.